Even though the use of LPG cylinders for cooking in urban India has become common, the same cannot be said for the use of LPG cylinders in semi-urban / rural India. Many families have not yet gone from a stove / firewood to a bottle of LPG. In case you didn’t know, the government also gives grants on an LPG connection. However, if you are one of those with an active GPL connection and not receiving government grants, then don’t worry.
In order to benefit from a subsidy on your existing GPL connection, you just need to link your Aadhaar card to the active GPL connection. You will be surprised to learn that to qualify for a grant, you do not have to go to the gas office frequently. You can just sit back in the comfort of your home and hook up your LPG connection to Aadhaar.
Follow these methods to bind the GPL connection to your Aadhaar connection.
Method 1 (website visit)
- Visit the UIDAI Resident Self Seeding home page.
- Select the type of benefit you would like to receive. Enter the name of the diagram of your LPG connection. Customers with Indane connections should select IOCL while Bharat Gas connections should select BPCL.
- Select the name of your distributor from the list offered. Then enter your GPL consumer number.
- Enter some details about yourself such as mobile number; email address, Aadhaar number, etc. Then click on the Submit button.
- After clicking the Submit button, an OTP will be generated and sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and submit.
Method 2 (via a call center)
If you have any problems through the UIDAI website, you can opt for another secure method to link Aadhaar to the GPL. You need to call the call center / helpline number and then follow the instructions they give you. It is very practical for those who have less knowledge on the internet or smartphone.
Read also: New electric SUV in India: launch of BMW iX in December 2021; Check the expected price, specifications