Haryana farmers receive 75% subsidy on solar pumps

0

Strong points :

  • The Haryana New and Renewable Energy Department has decided to provide a 75% subsidy for the purchase of 3-10 horsepower (HP) solar pumps.
  • The department invited applications from eligible beneficiaries until December 27.

To support Haryana farmers with their irrigation needs, the state’s New and Renewable Energy Department has decided to provide a 75% subsidy for the purchase of 3-10 horsepower solar pumps (HP ). The department invited applications from eligible beneficiaries until December 27.

Gurgaon’s Additional Deputy Commissioner Vishram Kumar Meena said some 8,629 solar-powered pumps will be provided to farmers in Haryana with a 75% subsidy. “These pumps will only be provided to farmers who practice micro-irrigation like drip or sprinkler irrigation and irrigate fields by squeezing underground pipes,” he said.

“We invite farmers who wish to benefit from a 75% subsidy on solar pumps until December 27 to submit applications. There are three categories of pumps – 3 HP, 7.5 HP and 10 HP – that are covered by the grant program. The adoption of solar pumps will promote the transition to newer and more sustainable sources of energy. It will also help farmers meet their irrigation needs, ”Meena added.

Farmers were asked to complete the form, choose a solar pump of their choice, and pay their share of the price on the portal. Once the form is received and accepted, it would take about three months for the department to distribute these pumps to beneficiaries, officials said.

New Delhi-based solar power equipment maker Gautam Solar announced in August this year that it had installed 1,500 solar pumps at various locations in Haryana as part of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha program. evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (PM-KUSUM).

The program was launched by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) in 2019 to provide solar pump subsidies to Indian farmers. Under this program, farmers only have to bear 40% of the cost of the pump, while central and state governments subsidize the remaining 60% for solar pumps with a capacity of up to 10 HP. However, in states like Haryana and Madhya Pradesh, state governments have provided additional top-up grants.


Source link

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.